Bubble bubble bubble, what an extraordinary sparkling wine from Castrum Morisci. 100% Garofanata! Ever heard? We won't until then.
Garrofanata is a very old autochthonous grape variety from the Marche and was thought to be extinct. Only 5 winemakers in the world grow this variety. It was planted by Castrum Morisci in 2016 to preserve the native varieties and to pay tribute to the agricultural and viticultural history of their ancestors.
Garofanata starts with a nice BLOPPP and into the glass with the good drop. It beautifully exudes an interesting and unusual smell, dried flowers, light yeast and reminds us of gummy bears.
The fun really starts with the first sip. Light creaminess meets fine soft bubbles and what kind of bubbles. Nice and extraordinary. The taste also evokes memories of gummy bears.
Brief description of Castrum Morisci Winery:
It's unbelievably beautiful what great wines the Castrum Morisci family conjures up in the bottle. We are big fans. The organic winery Castrum Morisci with its 7 hectares is located near the coast in Moresco (Marche), in the south of Ancona.
Striving to protect the biological fertility of the soil, biodiversity and the balance of the ecosystem in the vineyard. Together the family produces excellent, independent, exciting and high-quality wines that you absolutely have to try.
More facts about wine:
- Vinification: Organic viticulture
- Variety: 100% Garofanata
- Vineyard: East-facing sites at 180-220 meters above sea level in Marche
- Soil: clay loam soil
- Cultivation practice: Guyot, 4500 vines/hectare
- Sparkling Wine Process: Secondary fermentation according to the Charmat method at low temperature for about 5 months
- Winery: Cold, soft pressing of the grapes, static decantation, fermentation in stainless steel tanks at a controlled temperature, with selected yeasts