Welcome to Castrum Morisci in the Marche wine region. The organic winery Castrum Morisci with its 7 hectares is located near the coast in Moresco, in the south of Ancona.
Striving to protect the biological fertility of the soil, biodiversity and the balance of the ecosystem in the vineyard, together the family produces excellent, independent, exciting and high-quality wines that you absolutely must try!
Now let's start with Castrum Morisci – Collefrenato 2020.
Castrum Morisci - Collevrenato 2020 exudes its wonderful smell from the first contact with the glass. A fruit bomb with notes of roses, cloves, sorrel, subtle roasted aromas and a final light sweetness. What a start! The nose has already presented itself and increases expectations. BÄÄÄÄMMMMM - no problem for the red wine cuvée (50% Montepulciano, 40% Merlot, 10% Cabernet) from Castrum Morisci. This is already fulfilled with the first sip. In the mouth, black cherries meet a nicely balanced acidity, earthy notes and balanced tannins on the finish. We are excited!! Add to your shopping cart and see for yourself.
More facts about wine:
- Vinification: Organic viticulture
- Variety: 50% Montepulciano, 40% Merlot, 10% Cabernet
- Vineyard: East-facing sites at 170-210 meters above sea level in Marche
- Soil: clay loam soil
- Cultivation practice: Guyot, 4200 vines/hectare
- Harvest: Hand-picked grapes
- Wine Cellar: In amphorae, spontaneously fermented for about 6 months and further 12 months in oak barrels