After opening this pure Sangiovese Rosé from the Marche. We suddenly felt the desire for the many delicacies of a fairground.
Where does that come from? When we put our noses into the glass, the secret was out. The smell of blackberries, strawberries, gummy bears, sugar cotton and roasted almonds already made our mouths water. Castrum Morisci - Rosato 326 - 2021 fills your mouth with a mixture of wild strawberries, meadow herbs and a light minerality. A harmony of smell and taste.
We totally celebrate this Italian Rose . A must for all rosé drinkers and those who want to become one. Cheers :)
Brief description of Castrum Morisci Winery:
It's unbelievably beautiful what great wines the Castrum Morisci family conjures up in the bottle. We are big fans. The biological Castrum Morisci Winery is located with its 7 hectares near the coast in Moresco (Marche), south of Ancona.
Striving to protect the biological fertility of the soil, biodiversity and the balance of the ecosystem in the vineyard. Together the family produces excellent, independent, exciting and high-quality wines that you absolutely have to try.
More facts about wine:
- Vinification: Organic viticulture
- Variety: 100% Passerina
- Vineyard: East-facing sites at 150-180 meters above sea level in Marche
- Soil: clay loam soil
- Cultivation practice: Guyot, 4500 vines/hectare
- Harvest: Hand-picked grapes
- Vinification: Cold, soft pressing of the grapes, static decantation, fermentation in stainless steel tanks at controlled temperature, with selected yeasts
- Wine Cellar: About 6 months on the lees in stainless steel tanks